Mom Chat with Amanda Gershman
Introducing mom Amanda Gershman, a mom of one from Westchester, NY. She has one daughter named Ava who is one. She likes to dance, exercise, play with my daughter, take her to fun classes, going on beach vacations and spending time outside. Check out her interview and learn some new ways this mom stays fit....
1. What is the biggest challenge you have come across as a mom and what did you do to overcome it?
I have been very lucky and have had such an easy baby that I have not come across too many challenges. However, I have heard from many moms that since my first was so easy that my second will be the opposite so now I’m a little nervous to have a second (I’m not pregnant one day though). If I had to pick one challenge though I would say it’s her separating from me. Depending on the situation she cries when I try to leave her with other people.
2. As a fitness coach mom, what advice can you offer moms who want to start living a healthy lifestyle?
As a fitness coach mom, my best advice to living a healthy lifestyle is do what works for you. One of the reasons why I love my at home workouts is because I can do them while my daughter naps. Plus, I don’t have to worry about finding babysitters. Also, meal prep is key. As moms our lives are busy and on the go so being prepared with healthy meals and snacks is so important.
3. What is a common hurdle your mom client’s face and what tips can you offer to help motivate other moms to overcome similar obstacles?
A common hurdle my mom client’s face is finding the time to workout and then once the excuses start it makes it really hard to continue. My tip would be to make a schedule and try to stick with it. If you can’t workout while your child naps then try to incorporate your baby into your workout. Make it fun for all.
4. What are three at home workouts moms can do while balancing a crazy mom schedule?
I tend to follow workout programs that have 30 minute workouts because as moms know we don’t have much time in our day. As far as workout moves for moms squats and lunges are great to lift that booty, I love anything with planks for abs and use your baby in your workout instead of a weight for strong arms.
5. Do you feel social media motivates or deters people when it comes to body image? Why?
I feel social media has its pros and cons. It’s definitely a great place for women and moms to share their stories and help motivate others, but it can also deter people from staying positive because you’re always trying to compare yourself to what you see on social media, which may or may not be real.
6. One of Moms That Should Model goals have been to remind moms to find the positives in ourselves and rid ourselves of the negative, what would be your favorite aspect of yourself and why?
My favorite aspect of myself is not a physical trait, but more of a personality trait. My favorite aspect is that I’m a good mom, and I don’t mean to sound conceited in saying that, but being a good mom is what I pride myself on. After having my daughter I now devote my life to being the best mom I can be for her, but that does start with being the best you that you can be.
7. What is your future goal as a fit mom and influencer?
My future goal is to help inspire other moms and women. I want other moms out there to know that you can have it all. Whatever you set your mind to is possible. I always knew i wanted to stay home with my daughter but still be able to contribute financially to my family.
8. What is your number one go to song, when you “hit a wall” during a workout?
My number one go to song, when I “hit a wall” during a workout is anything upbeat or hardcore. Like either a clubby dance song or an alternative rock song.
9. Spreading love has been Moms That Should Model motto lately. What's one way you spread love?
I try to spread love by sharing posts of me and my daughter. She is the love of my life and such a happy girl. We truly are blessed and lucky to have such a happy easy baby so I try to share my story of motherhood with the world.
10. A fun question, if you could be a type of workout equipment which one would it be and why?
If I could be a type of workout equipment I would be an exercise ball because they’re fun and bouncy like me or at least I try to think I am. I’ve been told that I have a outgoing and bubbly personality.
Learn more and follow Amanda's journey as a fit mom on Instagram @amandagershmanfitness